Guys,
My apologies for lack of information on the set up. The bow is a Bob Lee Signature Elite 55# @ 28”. I am shooting a carbon express arrow at 452gr with a 2 blade broadhead. The arrows I had on hand and didn’t get the bow till the first week of September. I didn’t plan to hunt with it this season. I started shooting in the back yard every night and was shocked how quickly my confidence increased. A friend gifted me the broadheads, not sure the maker, I will find out. In the yard to was confident to 25 yards. I decided to take it hunting with a max range of 15 yards. I shot both deer at 12 yards. First deer the arrow penetrated to the fletchings, not 100% I made it to full draw, “doe fever”. Second one the arrow fell out after the first step she took. Next season I plan to increase my arrow weight and may try a broadhead with bleeder blades. The other change will be my trees stands, they are set at 18 to 20’ high. I will lower them to 12 to 15’ for the recurve. Thinking being, less of a shot angle is better with less energy.