This & That...
The Mauser Oberndorf Factory considered their Intermediate action the perfect match for the 7x57 Mauser chambering and it was their exclusive chambering for such action in sporting application context. I'd consider that one heck of a recommendation even a century later!

Trigger: your 1909 action seems to be coveted for its bottom metal with hinged release floor plate. Such yielding nice custom sporters. Beyond, 'it' falling into a wider category of "tweens". Quality all matching milsurp barreled actions in hacked down stocks! Such as typically nowadays, costs of "restoration" exceeding the resulting value of product. Notably, "restored" differentiated from factory "original". I'm with a few nice, original milsurp barreled actions, original & matching, in just such category. Best retained as econo-Bubba sporters, aka "truck guns".

Below, my 1912 Steyr short rifle in original 7x57. A prior 'Bubba sporter' cleaned up to quality conversion! Set in a commercial Oberndorf factory sporter stock! A really nice rifle!

Best & Stay Safe!
John

Attached Images
R170-3.jpg (27.38 KB, 87 downloads)
R170-14.jpg (14.8 KB, 89 downloads)
R170-7U.jpg (23.77 KB, 87 downloads)