Ed,

Glad you are mo' bettah now! Since I passed 75 about the same tie that the 6.5 PRC hit the market I have some real sympathy for you!

Seriously I ordered 100 rounds of factory ammo on the 6.5 PRC announcement, and it was slow going after that. I followed Mule Deer's article in the Hodgdon Reloading '19 Annual Manual and bought a Rem M700 short action on the Campfire, and acquired Redding dies. Meanwhile factory rifles emerged and I pounced on a Mauser M18 rifle in 6.5 PRC for less than it was going to cost me to rebarrel my M700.

Meanwhile also on the way to the PRC I encountered the 6.5 Creedmoor, and its now tremendous market penetration, so took a detour in that direction for a bit. (I shot my first deer with a 6.5X55 so I was already bent in that direction.) Plus in about 1980 I built a 6.5-'06 on a Remington action and did a bunch of loading and shooting with that rifle -- which is a ballistic twin to the 6.5 PRC.

I was planning a hunt in '20 for a Montana deer, but I did not draw the license I needed. Also the various government reactions to the pandemic kind of finished off my other hunt backups, so it is off to 2021.

All this ramble if to supply the foreword to my opinion that the PRC is alive and well out there; however, a lot of forces have intervened to scramble the gun, ammo and reloading markets and otherwise hide what is going on with the PRC. Hence your not finding PRC signs here.

I am looking to apply in January for a Wyoming cow elk license for a '21 hunt with the PRC, and I will be buying a California license in '21 for a blacktail deer hunt with the Creedmoor.

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."