I don't think you can blame the investment company whether it be Freedom Arms Group or Cerberus or whoever.

Remington has had 2 good designs in the past 100 years, the 870 and the 700 which is basically a pipe nipple barrel into a female pipe nipple receiver.

All the 710's and other turd imports/ budget guns are best left at the bottom of the river.

they got into bed with the Wal-Marts of the world and had to continually canibalize their quality to hit price points. The last 3 model 7's I owned would slice your fingers loading rounds in the mag box, one had non-concentric muzzle threading, and all of their "matte black" finishes were gray, cheap, and fragile

All their cartridges were mis-marketed. Think if the 260 remington had half the following of the 6.5 Creemoor? Remington could survive just on the ammo... It's the same damn round!!!

the best part of a Remington Ultra Mag is the name. They seem like a better cartridge after you have had some RUM.

I think Like Winchester, they will be back. Probably better, probably move out of New York to a state that likes employers and businesses, they are welcome to come to Texas, we got land to spare.