Our season finished up the end of November and now we are well into the with drawl syndromes. For us Northern Alberta is release sites with Southern Alberta being a combination of release sites and wild birds (surviving birds that made it through the winter and moved onto private land). We did one pheasant festival (Stettler) and I took a hosted of different people that had never hunted to preserves for their first try on pheasants. They are now hooked and will be active hunters next year so adding newbies is nice.

First pic is Oct in Northern Alb, 2nd and 3rd are hunts towards the end of Nov in the South

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As part of the release program they put out a number of melanistic pheasants across the province and we were lucky enough to get one (quite a large bird). Very distinct coloring -- greens, blacks, blues --- but a very weak tail. I was able to get the feathers out to a number of people that tie fly's so this bird will keep giving enjoyment back to the sporting community for sometime.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now onto planning for trips for next year.

Hugh