Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by GregW
It better be alive, doesn't he find it with thermals? You know how fast that heat signature is going away after a critter is dead when it's cold?

Lmao. I love his posts.

Sorry to post this cause I don't like the dude.

But animals retain heat a long time, hours, after death. We use and have used thermals to find them.

I MUCH prefer our dog. But thermals can work and hours later too.

That said lots of things block thermal from working too.

I understand all of it. So, bad hit. Leave for a few hours as an archer should to let animal expire or until next morning now knowing it's a bad hit. Can't find it after this period or bump it. They realize they need help. What if they actually missed?

They call Captain Jowels the next day at lunch after not finding anything, at the earliest. Money exchanged, his stupid paperwork etc. They go look at shot sight, etc. It's been 20 degrees. Animal may not be dead yet or even hit. It's now middle of next night. Best case scenario. Heavily wooded areas likely. Captain Jowels flying his drone around looking for a heat signature in the woods?

This isn't even accounted for dumbass hunter BS which his clientele will likely be as they called him. And can't shoot. Adds up to a chitshow. I've guided clients like Captain Jowels and he fits it to a "T". There are other layers of stupidity involved in this process somewhere I'm sure.

It's a disaster at best but I can't wait to hear about it....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.