Yesterday the wife had a routine Covid test for upcoming outpatient surgery. I didn't feel well but shrugged it off to my usual sinus & allergies. When wife got home I noticed she was nasal & coughing a lot.
The Dr.'s office called last night, positive. We're both quarantined for 14 days & I've got more symptoms than she does. The weird stinging headache just across my brow line is different. The usual aches with the low grade fever. She's lost her sense of taste & smell. I'm lazier than usual, thinking of a nap that I normally don't do.

All this so ironic as that back in March our home county was the first in the state & among the first in the nation for cases. Some of which hit very close to home. We took appropriate measures & stayed healthy, as did most of our friends. It played hell on our social group, but our problems were trivial. Now, 8 months later it catches up with us.

Told her months ago that if we got this crap it was her fault as she works & likes to shop afterward. My time is spent in the loading room & on my private range, a low threat.

Oh well, we'll get over it or not. A good friend just delivered 14 days worth of beverages & the freezer is full. SIL bringing the storm staples, bread milk & eggs.

Cheers!

PS; I might be guilty to have been caught low on beer, but there are plenty of primers.