Yes, bears are not that hard to take down but when compared to deer there may be a lot more bone and tissue the bullet has to go through to get in to the boiler room. I like to use monos so I know I can get the bullet to get in and through the chest cavity no matter what angle the bear presents in case I have a trophy bear that does not give me a broadside shot. Currently I shoot my 375 Ruger with Hammers and the two bears I have shot with it were impressed. I hunt in dense woods and swamps where shots of 50 yards would be long. The 375 is more than is needed but the recoil is not bad and I will always get two holes and that in my mind is better than 1. I think it is important to get an exit hole on bears, as the hide will plug up many entry holes stopping any blood trail this is especailly for fall bears with inches of fat.

If I was looking to go at the ranges you are thinking about I would probably use ABLR's in my 300-375 Ruger assuming they shot well, I would also see how the Hammers shoot at those ranges, either one would probably yield two holes at extended ranges with the 30-375 Ruger. Did I mention I like two holes each time I pull the trigger?