Kaboku is a Shinto Period Swordshmith that I greatly admire. It should be noted that Omura Kaboku was one of the highest rated swordsmiths in the Shinto Period. He was first a doctor, then a scholar and finally a swordsmith. He also had several sword fights in the Shinto gunslinger style and did well at everything he was tasked with. It should be noted that he hated authority and while he was a samurai and worked for the local daimyo that he made it a habit to be good enough at his job of being a swordsmith that he could take a dump in the middle of the lord's daily inspection of the town. The Daimyo would ignore this indiscretion. Omura Kaboku was so good at making weapons that the Daimyo would just ignore that. I have always wished to get so good at my job that I could take a [bleep] in plain sight and people would continue right along. Kaboku also had a bit of a superiority complex and while I feel that I am rather humble, people who know me say I get insufferable when I get intoxicated. My Inupiaq name is aqiolaq or tree stump and Kaboku also means flowering tree. So if I explain my self derived name to Nipponese they nod. I happen to collect or am the caretaker of many nihonto. I was born in 1968. So kaboku68 it is.

Last edited by kaboku68; 12/21/20.