Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I’ve posted as much as I’m going to pretty recently and I’m not going to again. Folks are willing to ignore or dismiss anything or everything I say. The internet is a big place and I’m just some guy.

Folks are also welcome to point out where I’m wrong or give out bad advice.

Thanks for the post. I don't know why I had mil/leo carbine instructor in my head. I still respect your stated position, and like I mentioned earlier, I do appreciate your posts.

Maybe some of the Army guys are still stuck on the cold weather drop tests where the PMAG feed lips cracked. The mag still functioned, and the ambient temperature specified for the test is extreme. Maybe just biased.

Jason

Gen II PMAGs were available at the outpost PXs, and had a reputation for cracking and swelling, but you could buy them if you needed to - both in Iraq and in Afghanistan.

Some were used to fill unit shortages, some were issued to the Ops types, and a lot were bought "just because".

Use them hard - they wore out, I have Glock magazines that do the same thing - drop a metal mag enough, and it will dent or bend a feed lip and be just as unusable.

The Safety Message that 79S refers to banned "all" poly magazines - not just PMAGs - in April 2012, this affected Troy and number of other magazine suppliers.

The Army corrected the message within a month or two - as the PMAG was already in the supply system with an NSN for ordering and issue.

As of 2017, the Army authorized the PMAG GEN 3 for issue and replacement.

Last edited by AH64guy; 12/28/20.