tzone;
Good evening to you sir, I trust other than the current chainsaw quandary that life is as good as possible these days with you.

From what I read, the 572XP is a beast, but I've got no personal experience with one. My current "big saw" is a 14 year old 372XPG with a 24" bar and full chisel chains.

We don't have hardwood here really, but I do get into some bigger wood sometimes and the power of the 72cc is nice then.

They're not super light, but certainly lighter than some 90 and close to 100cc saws I've used, both Stihl and Husky. The heavy ones got pretty taxing when bucking on side hills, but not too bad on flat spots.

That said, when it came time to buy my own, I went with the 372 and haven't ever really felt I wanted a bigger saw.

It replaced an older Husky 61 - the ones that had a white top so maybe an '82 or about there. The extra 10cc is noticeable, but the newer saw also revs higher.

Hopefully that was useful for you sir, good luck whichever way you decide and all the best to you in 2021.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"