Originally Posted by 673
I have ran both Husky and Stihl extensively, I run Huskies mainly because I have a small fortune in husky parts here.
I recently bought a new 395 Husqvarna, when I got home I looked and it said made in Brazil. I was a bit pissed, its a great saw and don't notice anything different. The parts may be made in Sweden, not sure. The smaller Huskies are made in China, check into it.
The Stihl is still made in Germany as far as I know, that should tell you something.

673;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the winter's been okay for you folks up the valley and all else is more or less where you need it to be in your world.

If I can be forgiven for telling this one again, it goes like this. About 4 years back I needed a smaller saw for doing a bit of limbing out of a basket truck - it was a one day job that a co-worker and I were doing in our respective yards - I went to the local shop in Penticton which sells both Husky and Stihl.

Our eldest daughter happened to work there at the time and the owner offered to extend a nice family discount on whatever saw I wanted. We've known the owners since we went to pre-natal class with them before our kids were here, so we go back a fair distance.

Anyways when I said I'd always been a Husky guy since converting from Pioneer, they refused to sell me any of the non pro grade small Husky saws. These would be the made in China ones of which you speak and no they weren't getting good results in the field whatsoever.

They pointed me to a little MS170 Stihl which other than needing a $1.35 gas tank vent has been a wonderful little saw. I might convert it into a .050 bar to run better chain on it someday, that's how much I like it. On the side it's marked Made in USA - which surprised me and I'm guessing it's German parts assembled in the US, but honestly have no clue.

One never knows where anything is made anymore I'm finding. In the 2 strokes I've had good luck with Bosch plugs which used to be made in Germany, then I believe it was Spain, then one of the Slovak countries and the last ones I bought are made in China.

Do you have any recommendations for 2 stroke plugs not made there by chance?

Oh - based on your recommendation I've picked up some WorkSafeBC certified kevlar pants too sir - thanks for the feedback on that one, I do appreciate it and very much respect your opinion on such things

All the best to you all in 2021.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"