Posted this in the Custom Rifle blue prints thread but thought some here might be interested since this is a very lightweight specialty rifle I put together.

Bought a new Rem Ti in Dec '06 just before the big change/price increase. Was pleasantly surprised when it arrived with the new corrosion resistant X Mark Pro trigger! I added a few lightweight alloy parts to help balance the rifle with that thin tube.
[Linked Image]

The finished project rifle:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rem 700 Titanium
30/06, 22" recrowned factory barrel
X Mark Pro Trigger
GreTan Alloy Shroud
GreTan Liteweight Firing pin
Alloy TG, ADL (Numrich Arms?)
Leupold FXII 6X36 LR reticle, matte
Leupold DDs, lows
KG GunKote on action, scope mounts & studs
McMillan Hunter's Edge, Olive, 1" Decelerator, SS studs, Marine Tex bedding
5lbs 14oz as pictured

I chose the '06 since it was the most powerful cartridge I would want to shoot in a rifle of this weight. Balance is right at the front guard screw( empty). And due to the Titanium receiver and abundance of aftermarket parts the rifle's action does not have that "butchered" look that so many lightweight rifles have.

In the factory stock, this rifle shot well under an inch with two different brands of 150gr bullets so it should shoot plenty accurate for my needs. The barrel was reblasted and left in it's SS guise since it will be strapped down at certain times - no coating to wear thru there. I will keep it wiped down with Corrosion X every few days in wet weather.

MtnHtr