Old Thread but great topic. Always see a lot of my old buddies that have forgotten more than I will ever admit to knowing on Ruger No. 1's. I do have a "few" including some of Joe's and Bill Ruger's. One such prize is the coveted and non-catalogued .222 in 1V. I just purchased one of the 6.5 - 284 Norma 1V. I have all the others except the elusive 308. I know where one or two are but I suspect they will never leave the family. I am 68 and should not be buying anymore guns but recently ran into a friend of a friend that collected high end .22 from Cooper, Kimber, and "others". I went over with my friend because he knows little about the Kimber or Cooper collectability (my son has a "few" and knows them real well). I was kidding him when he asked if I would be interested in any of his treasures and said "sure, if any of them were a Ruger No. 1". His eyes got larger than life and he got up from his desk and said, "hold on". I thought it was a joke but he went to his vault (yes, not a safe but a vault with a 1,500# custom safe door and brought out his one and only Ruger No. 1 he bought brand new in 1969, still in the box, unfired and with AAAAAAAA grade wood. It was a four digit and meets the Ultra Rare category of non-prefix point system. Yes, I spent a "bit" on it and it will sit in my safe with the other "few" No. 1's until you guys convince me it is time to sell. Few that I own are not top grade but I started back in the early 70's and was lucky enough to meet some real nice Ruger No. 1 people along the way. Joe Clayton was a legend and new more about the No. 1 than 99% of the people at Ruger. Don't kid yourself, Lee Newton is not far behind! Best of luck to all and if you keep lurking and looking you will find your treasures too!

Ruger1v

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
Life Member Ruger Collectors Assoc.
www.mazoniahuntclub.com