Originally Posted by shaman
When I was dating, my Dad gave me sage advice:

Try to meet the girl's mother as soon as possible. That's what she's going to look like in 20 years. Even better: see if you can meet her mom's mom.

( Believe me, if I'd have taken my Dad's advice, I'd have run from Wife 1.0 , AKA Satan long before it got serious. )

There is a strong Greek/Bulgarian/Macedonian community in our town. If you know about Cincinnati Chili, you know it's actually a Macedonian dish, and all the big Cincinnati powerhouse chili brands are run by Macedonians. The Germans just call them Greeks, because they all attend the Greek Orthodox Church. Beyond chili, the "Greeks" are big in the local restaurant business. All the little suburban greasy spoons are run by Greeks.

Let me just say that Greek women can be stunningly beautiful. However, they almost universally have a "dark secret." They pluck. Some wax. A few shave. However, bushy unibrows and mustaches are part of the breed. I don't mean this to be mean. They are great folk. They just have. . . well, this facial hair thing. I had a serious thing with girl with a name like Syphillus Streptococcus once. I could have easily made a life for myself up to my eyeballs in chili. We drifted apart mostly because I was a Protestant and wasn't going to go Orthodox. My Catholic buddy from high school had much the same story.

My point in saying this is that it ain't just the Greeks. Men are fooling themselves if they think their Suzy Creamcheese has no facial hair. It may not be a full 'stash and unibrow, but women start in puberty trying to control their facial weeds. We never see it. Most men have not taken their girlfriends on 30-day backpacking trips. Most men around here have not dated heavily in the New Age segment the way I have.

So you're probably going to ask: so Shaman, you didn't say you'd hit it or not?

The answer is that I do not find a unibrow attractive. I also have found that chicks that sport a bushy unibrow have attitudes that I found incompatible with my own. I'm just saying a good number of them are hiding one.

You still didn't answer the question.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue