Originally Posted by brydan
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Why is the no 1s carrying such a heavy price tag these days? Also, why are there so few? Is ruger not producing them anymore? I guess i probably answered my 1st question with my 2nd

Compared to when? People sometimes don't realize it but inflation keeps rolling along, almost 20% just since 2010. That's a couple hundred bucks by itself on a thousand dollar rifle. Combine that with a specialty low production item and a hot market in general and you have a decent explanation for it.

Why there are so few? I don't know but I've been noticing the same thing with TC's and other things whose heyday is past. Like #1's, you know there's a ton of them out there but doesn't seem to be reflected in the market activity. I have a feeling in part we're seeing the effect of an aging boomer population. Many aren't shooting as much as they used to so a huge amount of stuff is sitting in safes collecting dust these days.

Compared to just a couple years ago. No 1s are doing 1700 on gunbroker. Had heard ruger was going to stop production. Wasnt sure if that was true