Originally Posted by brydan
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Why is the no 1s carrying such a heavy price tag these days? Also, why are there so few? Is ruger not producing them anymore? I guess i probably answered my 1st question with my 2nd

Compared to when? People sometimes don't realize it but inflation keeps rolling along, almost 20% just since 2010. That's a couple hundred bucks by itself on a thousand dollar rifle. Combine that with a specialty low production item and a hot market in general and you have a decent explanation for it.

Why there are so few? I don't know but I've been noticing the same thing with TC's and other things whose heyday is past. Like #1's, you know there's a ton of them out there but doesn't seem to be reflected in the market activity. I have a feeling in part we're seeing the effect of an aging boomer population. Many aren't shooting as much as they used to so a huge amount of stuff is sitting in safes collecting dust these days.

So, we’re at that awkward age where we don’t do much anymore, but refuse to die so our nice stuff can be picked over by the next generation? Sorry to be a burden.😛

Maybe we finally figured out what we like and hold on to it. Based on who I see at the range, old guys are shooting plenty. Also, they seem to use chronographs more and are usually the ones using the 200-250-300 yard range, which requires users to qualify. I live within earshot of the range I use most often, and the rapid-fire strings are less frequent than previously, which maybe reflects the ammo market right now.

What fresh Hell is this?