My first rifle was a Mossberg 22 in about 1963, but I can't remember the model. Had a T shaped bolt handle, tube feed, fairly heavy, and came equipped with target peeps, a hooded front sight, and was grooved for a scope. I scoped it up and had a couple of great wood chucking years. Shot well, but I was ignorant at the time as to ammo effects and lacked a mentor as well. Loaned it to a very close hunting friend though, and it was stolen from his rig. Have not seen a similar model since. Had it not been stolen, it would still be in my possession.

Do have a Winchester-06 I acquired from a mentor as a deathbed bequest. Probably about 85% condition as Win rebarreled it in the early 1970's. Can't bring myself to use it though. History was he acquired it in Colorado as a birthday gift in 1936. On day two, he went out unaccompanied for an after school shoot and lost privileges for the following year. That exchange also came with a Stevens 410 single and a Harrington/Richards 22 handgun all treasures that I hope to pass on to some deserving kid. Sadly, my own has no interest and a felony on his record as well.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/03/21.

1Minute