Originally Posted by 300savagehunter
I"m in my mid 70's, have a modest collection of Savage rifles. I have what I feel are some very nice models and calibers. My problem is my kids ages 40-50 have no interest in them and would sell them for 50 cents on the dollar. I have many I haven't shot in years and probably won't. None of my friends are into Savages so I won't give any to them. I have a range in the back yard and shoot one or two occasionally, always the same ones. I get no satisfaction shooting alone and do it for the skill to shoot a deer, this year I shot a doe at a lazored 420 yards with a 308 DL- one shot. My question is should I sell them- I don't need the money- or let my kids get rid of them when I go to the big shooting range in the sky. I would like them to go to someone who would appreciate them for what they are and not to turn them over for a quick buck. The other option and I like it is to fire up the JD with the post hole digger, buy some schedule 80 plastic pipe, and vacuum seal bags and plant them 6 feet down and give someone a surprise when they develop my property. Thoughts?

Mike

Sell them yourself and enjoy the money as you wish. Don't worry about the kids. Mine are in their 40's, I spent a zillion dollars on their education, they are doing very well. Not my problem anymore. I am not worried about leaving any money for them. It will happen just as a matter of course but they have assured me that they are not expecting me to do that. Just enjoy life. You reach a point in life where raising the children is finished. Happened pretty early in my life and I turned out fine. They will too.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.