Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
.223/5.56 is such a versatile cartridge I don’t see how suppressors would have any impact. Any cartridge is going to be loud with bullets coming out of a 16” barrel. The only way around it would be subsonics and with that you loose most of the versatility and limit your range.

Guess you don't understand how cans work. The faster the round is the louder. Shorter the barrel too I suppose BUT you don't have to limit to subs to be quiet.

We run supersonic in Creedmoor all the time and folks on the lease are constantly texting, did you shoot, where were you etc....

If they were over the counter I can't think of a gun we own that wouldn't have one for it basically. I'm sure I could come up with a few but they just are a plus all the way around.

I was in a stand taking a friend to shoot a buck. I'd forgotten how flipping loud a 270 can be... ears hurt for a few hours after that....

I miss wrote. I meant to write that I don’t see how over the counter cans would have any impact on making the 5.56 less popular