Will do, Dwayne. Thanks for the interest, guys. This is the second book of outdoor stories.

I am particularly excited about one story called, "Huntin' in Balldrop".

Here's a short background on it. When Ken Howell was still with us, I floated the idea of writing about three well known outdoor writers going on a moose hunting trip to Canada. He was open to having a look, but said it was unlikely that the three men I suggested - Ken, Elmer and Jack - would ever go on a hunt together. He was a friend of Elmer Keith and I think he was concerned how I would handle the Elmer character. I explained that I would not use any last names, and no where did it say that Elmer, Ken and Jack were the three men he assumed they were. Naturally though, he said that he would have to read it before dispensing any advice. I did not know that Ken was ill when we were corresponding, so he may have been grumpy. As a result, I finished the story, but shelved it until now.

Briefly, it is the story of three outdoor writers who travel from the States to northern Ontario for a moose hunt. They meet three local guides, and the six get into some situations while chasing Bullwinkle. They also meet Charlie Cootz, the owner of Cootz Trophy Game Rentals, who rents out stuffed animals. No egos were crushed or anything mean was written about any of the six. It's a humourous story of what happened to them.

When I was designing the cover, I came across a picture that reminded me of Elmer Keith. Big hat. Cigar and sixgun. This is an old photo - not of Elmer - but from what I've read of him, could very well represent a young Elmer living out west. That's the story on the cover photo.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]