Originally Posted by Poconojack

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Deerstalker & PoconoJack: I disagree with both of you.
That Rifle has NOT been re-polished NOR re-blued nor has the wood been re-finished!
Under close up scrutiny of the "roll stamping" it is particularly sharp and obviously NEVER re-polished nor re-blued!
Look at the serial number picture - close-up.
That receiver has never been touched (that I can see from the enlarged pictures provided!) and I can find no evidence from stem to stern of that Rifle being "unoriginal".
That Rifle is about 62 years old and some "lubricant" oozing into the wood would not be "unusual"!
And if it is present it is NOT to ANY great extent that I can see.
I agree with the amazement at the current bid - but I adamantly disagree with the baseless conjecture that THIS Rifle has been re-polished, re-blued, re-finished.
Maybe the dozens of folks bidding on this clean rig are all mistaken?
I don't think that, to be the case.
Again I am shaking my head at the current bidding!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Buffing marks are clearly visible in pics 5 thru 11, if they are not obvious and one is unable to see them (or has no idea what they’re looking at) it’s folly to try and discuss the re-blue.

Varmintguy is a true "expert", no sense going against him. Just ask him how many Leupolds he has on how many rifles and none of them have ever failed. I wish I had his kind of luck.. Ha ha..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA