Originally Posted by slumlord
Care to share?

Metal square one with a cartoon theme? Or one like your dad carried to the asbestos factory ?

slumlord;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day out east is a good one for you folks and all who matter in your world are well.

Thanks kindly for a positive thread, it's a much appreciated diversion in our fascinating times.

When I looked on the inner webs I couldn't find a photo of any that were exactly as I recalled them, but this is more or less what I had.

[Linked Image from s.ecrater.com]

They were plastic, with a plastic thermos type bottle in the top, held in with a fold out plastic arm that'd break right away so the water bottle would crush your white bread sandwiches.

It was always home made white bread, but they got crushed just the same. wink

Our small town schools didn't have a lunch counter - or a vending machine even - so any food came from home. There were two stores in town where snacks could be purchased - well three if you included the one gas station, but we weren't supposed to walk across the train tracks and highway to get to the gas station ever before junior high.

While I remember some of the kids having the square ones, it wasn't too many as I recall. Maybe it was a regional thing?

Oh, as we got older then the stickers would adorn the lunch kit like on the posted photo. It'd be snow machine and motorcycle stickers for the boys usually, some weird flowers and butterflies for the girls - it was the flower power age you see.

Thanks for the walk down another otherwise long forgotten path in my memory sir, I very much appreciate it.

Well, as Winnie the Pooh said, "I must be going now" as I've heard that a favorite mountain lake is frozen enough to drill holes in it, so I'm off to attempt to catch enough for a feed of perch.

All the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"