Yes, i have had a M70 in 225 Win since 2018 that fortunately, came with 2 boxes of reloads.

Up front, no one loads ammo for it or makes brass. When you can find brass, it's $2+ ea and loaded ammo is $3+ ea; very expensive.

As for the cartridge and rifle, mine is accurate. As i look at my notes, i have 6 loads that are .75 in but have not settled on any one load. I don't shoot it much because the brass on hand has been shot many times and I'm not willing to fork over the $ for "once fired" from someone else. A Winchester does have a 14" twist. Im not sure about the Savages. Standard Win model 70s have a 22" bbl and the varmint model had a 24" bbl. Win factory load was a 55g PSP at 3650 fps. I have not been able to do that in the limited loading i have done. Closest was 3566 fps with a 52g Nos CC. But, i am not pushing my loads at all since this brass has to last.

If you want an odd caliber that many people never knew existed and don't mind paying premium prices to shoot it, it's great. If you want a caliber you can find components for and shoot it a lot, 225 Win isn't it.

Last edited by Centennial; 01/12/21.