Well, I just got home from 10 days in the hospital dealing with compacted discs and a slew of other maladies to my back. There will be more work needed to get me back on my feet, but at least I can get around the house right now.They fed me lots of pain pills, some of which had some serious mindbender effecks. Gabapentin is some nasty stuff, and I hope I never have to take it again.

I don't plan on giving up the outdoor activity I love, which is deer hunting even if it means I'm down to hunting 100 yards off the roads. I'll do as much as I can to have a quality experience. I want to go with a lighter rifle. What do you guys suggest? A Winchester Model 70 FWT? Any brand's okay with me. Caliber will need to be something between .243 and .308 I'm not picky, have shot most of these rounds, and have little doubt they can get the job done. So I'm looking for a lightweight, carbine lenght bolt action with a lightweight scope. rings, and bases.

What would you guys suggest? I'm sure gonna miss carrying my 99's but I'll have to go ligter from now on.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/13/21.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla