Originally Posted by OldRook

Winchester made a cheaper semi auto, maybe a model 190? been a few years.. Harrington and Richardson made a very good one as well.. They are both quite old and wouldn't be on the cool list.. keep an eye peeled, might find one at a shop on a rack.. I had one of each from the 70's thru the 90's and shot a lot of red and gray fox with them and a few coyotes.. Switched up to the Hornet when the coyotes became the likely candidate to come into the call.. Still have her in the gun safe.

I don't recall that Winchester ever cataloged a semi-auto in .22 MAG. They did make the lever action 255 and pump action 275 in .22 MAG back in that era, but I don't recall a semi-auto .22 MAG in their 190/290 series.

The lever actions in that series were the 150 and 250 in .22 S/L/LR and the 255 in .22 MAG
The pump actions in that series were the 270 in .22 S/L/LR and the 275 in .22 MAG
The semi-autos in that series were the 190 and 290 in .22 S/L/LR.

Winchester also made the lever and semi-auto versions of these rifles in house-brand configurations for some of the big retailers of their day.