Originally Posted by JJF
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I like my CZ 512 American, it's a good, solid 3/4" at 50 yards gun, with just about any ammo. It shoots better with the lighter weight bullets, but it ain't bad with 40s or 50s, either.
+1. I have the CZ512 Carbine in 22 WMR. It shoots all the Winchester and CCI ammo types well but, thus far, the A22 ammo has been the most accurate. I haven't tried any other manufacturer's ammo nor any bullet weight above 40 grains and don't plan on it.
One thing I forgot to mention is how easy it is to break down the CZ 512 American or Carbine for cleaning. This to me is perhaps the biggest advantage to these rifles, after of course reliability. Being primarily a hunter, I appreciate a weapon that breaks down easily for cleaning and the CZ 512 does that. This makes cleaning much more enjoyable (at least for me). Add in the reliability and hunting accuracy (ie, not a target weapon by any means) and this is a keeper to me. The fact that half of the action is a composite material does not bother me at all, though if I shot it extensively it might over a long period of time. Either way I'll end up getting my money's worth out of it.