I have a RCBS uniflow powder measure. Was reloading this eve, and really was seeming to have problems. Seemed like the uniflow was throwing very inconsistent charges or else my RCBS 505 scale was off. I checked the scale with my Lyman scale check set, and it was within a tenth grain. Took it off and set it back on maybe 10 times, and pretty consistent. So am pretty sure it isnt that. So I weighed a bunch of throws, always dumping back into the hopper. ( the hopper does have a powder baffle) here are my last 10 weights. 47.2 47.1 47.0 47.4 47.5 47.7 46.8 46.5 48.8 47.0
This really does not allow me to throw powder charges without weighing every charge. I am not sure if there is anything I can do about it or not...Just depressing to weigh every charge when you sit down and plan on reloading 85 rounds. Powder is a can of 4064" an older can. I don't know of the powder has something wrong but kind of doubt it. I shot it in a 270 in test loads, and it was pretty consistent(ES of 41) Anything I can check? I took the hopper off and wiped it down good but no difference.

Last edited by Jevyod; 01/14/21.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.