I'll second the Teslong as a good general purpose scope. Whether they are worth the information they give you is sort of up to each person. I used mine to check all of my rifles and handguns but have only used it occasionally after that. They are good to check the effectiveness of your bore cleaning but can frighten you with the condition of the throat. But as MD and others have noted, the barrel condition does not always relate to the accuracy.

I had the $50 flexible model but went to the slightly more expensive 26" rigid one at $80, and prefer the rigid one. You can buy different size mirrors for the end cap to fit different bore sizes. I can see how that is useful but you can also screw the supplied .20 caliber mirror in and to get better focus on larger bores.

The Teslong plugs into the USB port of your computer or laptop and one thing I learned is to plug it in and let the computer recognize it before starting the software. You'll hear that "ba-bonk" noise when it recognizes it in the port. If you start the software first it won't find the scope and will throw an error.

Here are some pictures of a Ruger SP101 bore I took a couple of weeks ago which illustrate the view detail, this is with the .20 caliber mirror in the .357 bore. And yes, I've returned this revolver to Ruger...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They're also good for checking ear hair but don't tell the manufacturer...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!