Originally Posted by mark shubert
What are the advantages/disadvantages of the rigid probe vs the flexible probe (Teslong)

To stave off the inevitable mischievous quips I'll state up front that I have no personal experience with this but common sense would dictate avoiding the rigid probe if body cavity exploration is on the agenda.

Back to the subject at hand. The flexible one is very long and I found it a bit cumbersome at times, plus it can be damaged by folding too much. The 26" rigid one is still long enough to reach well up into a barrel from the action. In fact I was able to get within just a few inches of the muzzle of my 29" long M96 Swede, then you just come in from the muzzle to look at the last part. I don't have any problem going all the way through 24" barreled rifles.

One advantage to the flexible one I can think of is being able to insert it in closed end actions like a pump or semi-auto, you could slide it into the breech where the rigid one wouldn't go but again, you can use the rigid one from the muzzle in those instances.

Optically there is no difference so it really comes down to personal preference.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!