Really, what you eat and drink has a lot more to do with the quality and condition of your hair than what you wash it with (within reason.) The big killer for hair (and skin) quality and health is smoking. Nicotine constricts blood vessels and the little capillaries that are the last step in feeding your skin and hair are the first to become almost useless. It seems more noticeable with women, maybe because we (and they) pay more attention to their appearance. Look at a woman who smokes, by the time they're in their thirties it starts to show. They can dose the skin and hair with moisturizers and oils, but that's all superficial and temporary, contrary to what the cosmetic companies pay huge money to convince them of. You can't fix skin and hair quality from the outside. A good example is my MIL and her sister. They are close in age and almost like twins. The only difference is my MIL doesn't smoke and her sister always did. My MIL still has healthy, good looking skin at 78. Her sister's face looks like a Halloween mask with all the wrinkles. Think about it. Pay attention to the skin and hair of women who smoke vs the ones who don't.

Mathew 22: 37-39