Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by efw
My Remington-built custom 03-A3 6.5-06:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have a Remington-built 03-A3 in 6-250 as well; two of my favorites!

Nice , very nice...

even if I am not a fan of that stock's wood... is that Maple?

My favorite two actions are the 1917 Enfield and the Springfield....

Wonder why you never see them that have been rechambered back to the original 1903 Springfield Cartridge....

I've got an action made by Rock Island in 1921... it came as a complete gun, but a rotting Sporter Stock and a rusted inside and out barrel..
which I took off and scrapped... paid $100 for it, due to the shape of the package.... however, the action alone was worth much more..

Have been thinking either the new barrel in the 03 Springfield Cartridge... ( just necked up a 270 case)..
or the other option... a 220 Swift, with a 1 in 7 or 8 twist....the action has already been drilled and tapped for scope mounts...

That sure is a nice 1903. I've seen a lot of them like that in my lifetime. I always pass them up and grab the m1917's, just my preference. Also because most springfield sporters have total right handed stocks, generally with a roll over cheek piece that would hurt a left handed shooter. I know where a very nice 1903 sporter is that I would have bought a 100 times, had it had a more useable stock on it. It is chambered in 308 Norma mag, which was one of the reasons I kept eyeballing it, plus it's a beautiful rifle.. Generally these sporterized military rifles are inexpensive too. Great rifles that can be had for less than $400.00 at times. I'd take one of these way before a cheap azzed plastic "budget" rifle for the same price.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA