The .44 mag would be my choice as well.

I would also not pat too much attention to people who make comments about only using S&W N Frames for light loads. Internet Parrots have been reading and repeating this internet nonsense for many years. It shows an obvious lack of actual experience. They read it from someone who did not have actual experience, then repeat it. over and over... I have shot many thousands of 300 grain loads through various N frames. A good 300 grain load @ 1100-1200 FPS will handle anything you are ever likely to use a handgun on, and the N Frame will handle that with ease.

Henry's comments about being able to use .44 Russian and Special are notable too. The .44 Russian are like shooting a .45 ACP through your revolver. 180-200 grain Full wadcutters in a .44 case (Mag, special, whatever) make for a pretty stellar HD or game load.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These 200 grain wadcutters are loaded to about 1350 (off top of my head, I'd have to check my notes) in magnum cases, and they are pretty effective on smacking things down.

The .44 N Frame is quite versatile. Load it to match your use. That can be paper punching, game of all sizes, home defense, etc. Pretty hard to beat.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com