Originally Posted by Quak
Thanks for the help guys...still not sure what to do. The Chinese swing away is garbage like all Chinese crap...the pampered chef one looks plasticy and fragile. US swing aways on eBay may be worn out...That big boobed brunette looks about perfect but with COVID lockdowns and all and all I doubt I can afford it.

The Pampered Chef opener isn't "plasticy and fragile." Do you hear guys saying that Glocks are "plasticy and fragile" after they've run thousands of rounds through them over some years?

The Pampered Chef I own was purchased by my wife before I met her. So it's at least 17 years old. I'm sure we open 20 cans a month on average. Again, the best can opener by far out of any of the openers I've ever used. It will change your perspective on can openers. If it cost $100, it would be a good buy.

And if you've cut your fingers and your spatulas many times trying to get the stuff out of a can opened with a regular opener, you'll appreciate that there are no sharp edges, so you can re-use the cans for all sorts of stuff, and again, not have to worry about slicing your fingers (and neither will your wife, or your kids/grandkids).

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.