Originally Posted by hanco
I have a hundred coming. I’m gonna try them, got them in a bullet lot I bought or trade them.

Going way back, I'll share my experience on target more than game. The scenar's shot very well. I bought 750 of them on the cheap because they were moly coated. I used vinegar to remove the moly coating, if I remember right. Back then, I messed around with about 4 different 308's and then later sold every damn one of them. Just never quite warmed up to the little short bastid. Growing up with the 30-06 does that to a guy, I guess. Back when I first replied to this thread, I had just bought my first 308 win. I kept it around for about a year. Used it and liked it, but another guy needed it more than I did. I sold it for $400.00 more than I paid for it. I then ended up with a FN BACO featherweight that was a damn good shooter after glass bedding and ernie the gunsmith trigger spring, then I ended up with a beautiful stainless Ruger all weather that I put into a walnut stock, and lastly a Winchester model 100. I think the last straw was when the model 100 charging handle broke into 2 pieces. I sold all of the 308 rifles I had and figured I'd never buy another. Then 3 years ago I got on an AR kick and decided to try an AR10. That rifle is actually fun as hell to shoot and damn accurate. Now last weekend I picked up a Tikka T3 with bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40 for $549.99. Couldn't pass up that deal. As for the 308 win, I'd not go into buying one thinking it is the equal to the grand ol 30-06, like some here think, because it just isn't. Pat has proven that it is a fine and dandy killer with those 155 scenar's, but like I said long ago, I'd not give up those 150gr Hornady SP interlocks. Try those scenar's, they will likely be accurate. In a 308win, they like to be ran around 2,800 fps, but I wouldn't guarantee ragged hole accuracy as the norm. It just didn't happen for me with all the 308's I had at the time. I actually got better accuracy with the 150gr hornadies.. Now hornady has the ELDX, so you know which way I'm leaning...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA