Originally Posted by mcclure
Originally Posted by elkrazy
What are the available fixed 10x scopes out there right now?

The SWFA SS 10x42 is the one that I am considering.

Originally Posted by TREE_EM
Unless you're shooting consistently beyond 400 yards there is no advantage to 10x on a big game rifle. If you're consistently shooting at big game beyond 400 yards, get closer.

That is sort of what I was suspecting, but I have been curious. I think that if I get the urge to go higher than 6x, I will probably just get a variable.

Most of my hunting rifles wear variables. Something in the 2-7 or 2.5-10 gives the most versatility. I have a SWFA Ultralight 2.5-10 on my Barrett Fieldcraft .270 Win which is great glass for the money. I have no trouble hitting the 3" plate at 300 yards and the 12" plate at 600. It does get a bit fuzzy at top magnification as most scopes under $1500-2000 do so i stop at about 8- 9x when shooting distance. I recently put a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 MilDot Green on my other Fieldcraft .270 Win and I'm loving it so far. No batteries. No knob twisting. Just know the trajectory and holding over.

I recently acquired a Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12x42 MOA-Dot Green. I love everything about it, except the weight. If I were pressed to have just one scope to use for everything, this would be probably be it.