Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Marine hawk all due respect your kid was ready and mature enough at 9 doesn't mean every kid is or that their parents did an adequate job of raising their kid either. That stupid law is there to.protect the rest of us from some kid who has had piss poor parenting and not mature enough to be handling a firearm. If a kids parents don't shoot or hunt some 3 day course going to give him all the smarts he needs? I say your right if every kid out there got the time and mentoring you gave yours. Fact of the matter is most don't get that and if they talk to their buddies at school about it they would get expelled. There is appalling lack of parenting these days.

There we go, legislate to the lowest common denominator because that always makes things better. Screw the kids who are able and have parents willing to get them into the outdoors before they hit the magic number.
How many parents who don’t hunt or shoot are going to buy their 8 year old a rifle and an elk tag and drop them off out somewhere to go hunting?

My daughter was 10 when she took her first buck. Her brother was 8-9. As Kid says the laws for younger hunters usually require a parent to be next to their young hunter.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I still think teaching and showing them young lights a small fire that’ll keep burning a bit as they grow up.

My boy is a Corporal in the Marine Corps now and my daughter is hammering through High School. They grow up quick, catch them while they are young or you might realize they are grown up before you know it!

Last edited by beretzs; 01/20/21.

Semper Fi