Originally Posted by yukon254
Ruger, or Winchester. In my 30 plus years of guiding professionally I've seen more Remington's fail in the field than all other brands combined. Bomb proof certainly doesnt describe them.

Years ago, while having argument with some other teenagers about which was best, Ford or Chevy, I asked a guy who worked in an auto parts store this question............do you sell more parts for Ford or Chevy, and me being a Chevy fan at the time, was expecting him to say Ford, which would prove that Fords broke down more often than a Chevy. He answered this way...........I sell more parts for Chevrolet, and when he said that, the Ford fans went to laughing.............until he went on to say this........because Chevy's are a lot more popular than Fords, which they were at the time.

Not questioning what you have seen, but the Remington 700's have far outsold any other bolt action rifles over the past 50-60 years, so it only stands to reason that you have seen more Remington's "fail" because you have seen more Remingtons.