Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
All you have to do is raise up the brass and turn the die in little by little, checking with a bullet as you go. You can use calipers to set the die to a repeatable diameter, or replace the lee lock ring with a Hornady ring.

Most reloaders do not realize that there is a bit of leeway You can tighten up the neck diameter according to how much, or how little, you screw the die in. It only takes seconds to set up. Many people who pop the aluminum tops off believe that dies must be used under a lot of force. Not so. Many years ago, I posted something to the effect that you only need to use one finger to push down on the handle for most reloading operations.. Naturally, some people objected.

I wrote Lee a letter when the collet dies first came out, and laid out a short instruction set, but I never heard from them. Maybe 6 mo to a year later I sent them an email. They thanked me for my input. Nothing changed, of course.

I like Lee, but they could do a better job with instructions.

They need to contact Mathman, work out a deal to use his well written collet neck sizer instructions.

Their version leaves a lot to be desired.

DF

Sadly, they had the improved write up mailed and emailed to them from multiple sources. Mathman was late to the party. Lee has not changed the write up.

It's their business and their decision.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]