MD,

Good to know and appreciate your comments. Yes, the 7mm 140 NBT is a great bullet. Accurate as can be and kills very well. Ime it wrecks a little better than the 120gr NBT which is also a great bullet. I did section both bullets many yrs ago and it appeared the 120 was slightly thicker in the frontal section. I later spoke with Chub Eastman and he assured me both bullets are the same except the 120 was just shorter. Might have been the camera angle and my filing skills?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I did collect a 7mm 120gr, it lodged in the off side scapula of a running buck I killed (a great running boar type shot), both cup and core separated but were recovered close to each other.

I met a B&C measurer by the name of James Tonkin Jr about 23yrs ago who had an impressive collection of NA trophies. He was like a modern day Grancel Fritz, his house was adourned with B&C trophies galore. I had not tried the 7mm 140NBT at that time but what was interesting is that this gentleman used the 7mm 140NBT in his custom XP 100 handguns for many of his trophies. He took at least one nice tule elk bull with the combo and many impressive trophies. James was a rifle looney of first order and his reloading room had more bullets on the shelf than most gun stores. One thing stood out, I noticed James had a more than ample supply of 7mm 140gr BTs and only a few Nosler PTs in 140 on his shelf. It was very obvious he was very fond of the 140BT for the 7-08. IIRC he had just purchased a 7-08 for his wife but it "was going back" due to issues. Anyhow here are a few of his 7mm 140gr trophies:
One interesting note on the above elk. F&G regs only state a minimum rifle caliber for big game iirc. At the required pre hunt meeting for the lucky elk tag holders it seemed the head F&G biologist took issue with Jame's intentions to use a 7-08 handgun to take a tule elk. He had to arrange a range session with several of the skeptical F&G mgrs to prove his proficiency. Long story short he put his bull down with one shot using the 7mm 140gr NBT from his handgun.

Another fan of the 7mm 140gr NBT was Darrell Holland, a rifle smith from OR. He used it with great success on many types of African plains game, almost all were one shot kills iirc. He sent me these and other pics around 2003. All taken with the 7mm 140BT in 7-08AI

And don't forget Steve Timm as well, he was fond of the 7mm 120gr BT. Iirc he took a bull elk with that bullet though I would have used the 140BT myself.