Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by z1r
I quit using Mc stocks after two customers ordered custom fit stocks from them, both of which had major fitment issues.

Curious who you found that was comparable with the options McMillan offers that does a better job? Serious question not arguing about it.

I stock almost exclusively with wood and worked almost exclusively on Mausers. These were customer supplied stocks that they provided McMillan the barreled actions for. Both completed stocks had inletting/fitment issues that weren't readily fixable due to being completed/painted. The customer's paid a good deal extra, waited longer, and incurred the time and expense of mailing McMillan the barreled actions, only to get a stock whose inletting did not match what was sent to them. Prior to these I used a few McMillans with the edge fill, at least one of which was part of a group by here on the fire, that fit well and were nice. But as time went on, more issues seemed to crop up to the point where it wasn't worth my time and effort to build a rifle using their stocks. I never looked for another vendor since it wasn't a big part of my business model.

For other Makes and Models, their stocks may be fine, but they didn't serve me or my customers well for our needs.