Until that 222 I didn't own a 22cal centerfire, the AR platform never interested me, still doesn't. I shoot to hunt, I reload and sight in to to hunt. I do admit to buying different hunting guns just to have something to work loads up and then take out on a hunt. But ultimately it was to hunt with and an AR 223 didn't fit the bill for me.

Now with grandkids and they like to plink the 22s, maybe they'd like an AR to blast with, But why buy one now if ammo is nonexistent for a decent price?

As a 'Boomer' shooting philosophy is different now than then. When I was a kid we would save and buy a 50 round box of 22s, there was no plinking you hunted, plinking was with a bb gun. We'd grab the 22 or shotgun and walk or drive the tractor to the citrus groves/maze fields... rabbits, quail, the occasional feral pheasant were all fair game, we didn't waste ammo practicing.

Now days if you go out in the desert on a weekend it's packed with shooters, car loads spread out for miles, families/groups whatever, blasting away for fun. It's all good, just different and an AR makes sense.

This ammo shortage is forcing people away from shooting and hindering the retention of new gun owners and shooters, a family activity, kids... there's an agenda here by someone.

For my own reasons I trimmed my guns down to 3006, 308, 3030, 708, 22, 12ga, .50 BP, 45acp... and now added 222, 357.

Even if I wanted to I wouldn't buy a 9mm, 40cal, 223, 38 whatever, not worth the ammo hassle.

The suppression of our freedoms isn't always obvious.

It's not a panty issue either.

Kent