Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by mathman
But it was all Dr. Mathman's fault when not everybody in the college algebra class got an A or B grade. crazy

So, you are the one responsible for all that self esteem damage. ;-{>8

Self esteem damage? You should have seen what happened during the first year for freshmen who signed up for engineering. They took the same calculus and physics courses as the math and physics majors. At my university the physics department was relatively small so the largest part of the audience in the general physics classes was made up of wannabe engineering majors. I suspect it rankled the physics profs to have to spend so much of their time on such plebeians. On top of that it was a not so well hidden secret that the College of Engineering gave Physics the green light to help the engineering underclassmen figure out if they reeeally wanted to continue in engineering.

I was a somewhat rare bird in that I passed the general physics courses with A grades on the first try. After that they tried to recruit me. grin

Math prof said he loved to flunk engineering students first day of calc. Said engineers were nothing but poor mathematicians.

Physics was easy

Last edited by hookeye; 01/25/21.