Got tired of the "no gunshow" thing here in Montana - having not had one to attend in MANY months so I teamed up with some friends and we met up at a gunshow this past weekend in north Idaho.
We rented 3 tables and set up on Friday - the intensity of the sales to other table holders on Friday was more than I have ever seen in my 55 years of attending and participating in gunshows.
I sold two scopes to a fellow table holder on Friday before the public was allowed in (on Saturday).
Then on Saturday I sold 8 more scopes of mine and one belonging to a friend! I sold EVERY round of ammunition I had brought along as well as several knives. reloading dies and some silver dollars I had purchased at an estate sale last spring.
The public was lined up to get into this gunshow 2 hours before it was to open on Saturday morning!
The public was controlled once the huge buildings "occupancy limit" was reached and a lineup to get in persisted virtually all Saturday.
The folks I talked to mentioned they had to wait in line later in the day from 30 to 50 minutes before being let in.
Mid-day on Saturday I had so many $20.00 bills in my pockets I had to secrete them in my vehicle so I could sit down comfortably!
Ammunition was sold/bought at simply an astounding pace - and, it was not selling cheap!
Back at the motel Saturday night I counted my money and had $5,100.00 more than I had come with!
One of my table mates counted his monies and had $21.000.00+ in cash on-hand that Saturday night.
Sunday was quieter for me but my friends had an incredible amount of ammunition and AR parts and their sales kept up right to the end.
I ended up buying another pair of Leupold 10x40 binoculars from a customer for a pittance ($50.00) two Indian arrowheads and I finally broke down and bought myself a china joe and his ho proof AR-15 (Rock River LAR-15 with heavy stainless barrel and a whoop-de-doo Leupold scope mount and 6x18 variable scope). Can't wait to shoot this rig as it came from an acquaintances son who recently bought it and put it together then fell on needy times.
Supposed to be fired very little - we'll see.
And of course ammunition for it was tough (expensive) to find.
This show was busier and more packed with smiling people than ANY gunshow I recall ever in the past.
Rumor is gunshows MAY restart in March in Montana, we'll see?
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy