I started out a pump shooter and changing over to SxS's was not to hard. Never did care for auto's much with one exception, Browning double Auto! Great gun. Today I have I think five SxS's and one pump. About all I use are the SxS's. The pump though is a Mod 37 Ithica and wouldn't sell it for any price, that is a great pump. Most my pump's have been Mossberg 500's. had a couple 870 but just didn't get along with them that well. In your case, if you wanted to try SxS's, if you could find a used AyA Matador, fairly low price and super gun. I of course have some. Also had a Charles Daly 500 SxS that I liked really well. Have two new CZ Bobwhite's I haven't used much yet but do seem like really nice gun's. At one time I had a Stevens 311 in 12ga and that was a solid gun. Pretty plain Jane to say the least but it always worked. Never much use for auto's other than that Browning Double Auto, just don't care for the way they look or handle. But have seen in photo's some newer imported guns that are slimmer and kind of like, just not enough to get rid f my SxS's or my mod 37. In the end it's gonna need to be you but I guess you know that. We all like to look at what we like to look at and we all like to feel what we ike to feel!