Can't help you with the sizing, but I've not had any trouble actually getting ahold of Hoffmann, but their service has sucked after the fact and they were almost no help in getting the right size on the two pair of pacs I've bought from them. I try to buy as much as I can made in the US, and do like some things about their pacs (their lowers), but I've had design issues on both pairs I've bought. The last pair was unusable for me after four days of hunting in them and they were really bad about keeping their word on addressing it. Unfortunately, as much as I want to like them, I probably won't buy from them again.

If you do end up buying form them, I'd just get the soles their bottoms come with stock, as opposed to having them grind them down and installing their bob soles, etc.. Those just add weight and cost and don't actually grip as well as the stock sole IME. Their lowers have been more durable than Schnees for me, but Schnees service has been head and shoulders better than Hoffmann's, no comparison.