Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

... and never get that very hesitant look trying to sell or trade in a lefty.

That's one of the bigger benefits that I'm anticipating as well. If I want to eventually go to sell the gun, I can move the handle back and not have those cross eyed looks - you want to sell what? You lost me at Left Handed.

Obviously early, haven't put my hands on one yet, but the straight pull as far as working the action is different, and probably nothing but a better faster way compared to a bolt - so I don't have a problem trying one. I've seen others question the strength, but no actual test data that makes any real lab test results - so still watching for indications on what the effect is on strength of the action is. There are already straight pull bolt actions out there - their issue has never been a strength critic, it's a cost issue. Retail is $1400, will be interesting to see what the tag says in the gun shop when they arrive. I like that it maintains the Savage trigger, I like that it maintains the pre-fit barrels, as I do quite a bit of that already. Once I can put my hands on one, I may take one home at this point. More likely to be something like a .243 rather than a 300 Win Mag. I have not seen what the offered cartridges are as of yet. I'm thinking short action, which I may prefit barrel a 250 AI up to it, and then get rid of my right handed 250 AI bolt. Weight isn't a big issue for my hunting application. If I want to take a bull barrel gun to my stand now I don't think twice about it. That's not everyone's situation though, I understand that.