Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by hatari
The Germans mostly liked her.

Really? What are you basing that on? If you personally know any Germans.... what do they like about her....

I based that on a number of conversation I’ve had with Germans, two are Campfire members living in Germany. They both PMed me after I’ve criticized her here. I hope they will join this conversation.

Face it, they kept her as Chancellor for almost 16 years. That’s longer than Conrad Adenauer, and longer even than that Austrian guy😉.

Obviously , she has been popular. They tell me they think she is well educated, very intelligent, and fair. Their words more or less.
They all take exception to my criticisms of her handling the Muslims, the pipeline and NATO participation. But acknowledge that those are difficult situations for them that cannot be resolved without controversy one way or anther.

So let’s offer the question to our German members.

Are these "Germans" American ex-pats? older real-deal Sauerbraten and Spaetzle eaters? or "New" Germans?

Makes a difference.

Sieman’s has a big division here. I have a number of “real German” patients that get transferred here for a few years, and go back and forth frequently. Probably have upwards of 30 as patients if we count wives. They vary in age from early 30s to 60s.I know 3-4 older “Germans” that were kids during the war. They live in the US but go back and forth.

I’ll let the German Campfire members speak for themselves,

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo