Nationalism will not solve global problems. Germany has done much in our history to help prove this point. The german public has, as a majority, learned this and, to quote Joe Cocker, with a lot of help from our friends, rebuild itself as a reliable member of the Nations of this Planet. Chancelor Merkel has since done much to build Europe and strong international relations. In this forum President Obama is critizised for the same general beliefes and actions. President Trump is applauded for the contrary (UN, WHO, Paris Climate etc pp).

Since the general disagreement hence is "Nationalism vs. Globalism", I shall not attempt to try and lay it to rest. Gunner, we can disagree on this point and still remain friends and as such I count you since we met in 2015 at the Texas Hog Hunt.
Bristoe, I have often laughed at you wit, many times, in fact, but here we have opposing views. I can live with that and still look forward to your next punch. Hatari, thanks for drawing my attention to this thread and give me a chance to share my view.

All the best Ready

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.