Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hellgate: I also was a very early charter and life member (#185) of the Varmint Hunter Association and of course have the complete collection of Varmint Hunter magazines (including two Issue #1's) tucked safely away in my library/office.
I also have quite a few issues of the predecessor magazine to Varmint Hunter which was called "Varmint Hunters International" - I have gleaned an immense amount of information and valuable destination info from both magazines and was sad to see the demise of the Varmint Hunters Association and the end of the magazine. I only got to attend two of the annual jamborees/shoots/conventions - great fun and great times those.
I also looked forward every few months for the latest issue to arrive and enjoyed SO very much Steve Timms articles/writings and photographs.
I fondly remember taking some time away from the Portland, Oregon gunshow and taking both Steve Timm and Darrell Holland out to lunch!
What a pleasant visit that was.
At one time I was contemplating selling my complete collection of Varmint Hunter and Varmint Hunters International magazines - I am glad today that I did not.
From time to time I get out an issue and re-read many of the articles and enjoy the pictures and especially Steve Timms treatises - something, sadly, I can no longer say about today's latest crop of "outdoor writers"/magazines!
I say (to the original poster) save those magazines.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Ehh VG hows about "Prairie Dog News" Ned Kalbfleish editor? Can't remember at work now. Those were the days...